Change email address on Facebook 2021. Changing your email address on Facebook can be done as fast as possible.
Discovering that an unknown person has gotten access to your email account and have personalized it is a painful thing to deal with.
It usually difficult to claim back your ownership of the account so, the best thing to is open another one and move your transactions to the new one.
Often times, when people’s email account get invaded, the main focus is to have access to their Facebook account. So after opening a new email account, another very important thing to do is to change your email address on Facebook.
All of your experience on Facebook social media can be customized, with the email address you linked to the account inclusive.
Your email accounts play a very important role in your Facebook account because before you can log into your account, you will have to have to provide the email address.
Apart from that, your email makes it easy for other Facebook users to locate you, in case you allow that option in your privacy settings.
If you want to swap the old email that was compromised with the new one, we will be looking at two ways to do that. Follow these steps below:
On Your Facebook Application:
- Click on the menu button at the top right hand of the Facebook page
- Scroll down and tap on “Account settings”
- Tap on “General”
- Tap on “Email”
- Tap on “Add Email Address” to add the new email address
- Type in the new email address and enter your password then tap on “Add Email” at the bottom of the page
- If you already have more than one email address registered to your Facebook account, tap on “Primary Email”
- Choose the email address you want to place as your primary email address
- Enter your password and tap on “Save”
On Your Browser:
- Click in the top right corner of Facebook
- On the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”
- Click on “Contact”
- Click on “Add Email Address” to add the new email address
- Click on “New email” and type the new email address you want to add and click on “Add”
- If you already have more than one email address registered to your Facebook account, tap on the other email address to make it your primary email address
- Tap on “Save changes”
And that is all there is to it!
Thank you for reading through, I trust you found value in this guide? Drop all questions and comments in the comment box. Please SHARE.